When working with our Collingwood roofers at Ainger Roofing & Exteriors, you’ll learn about a range of roofing materials that could work for your home. The key is being able to compare them based on what’s best for your property. Our team can help with this process in person during a consultation. It can help to have some idea of what to expect.
Our Collingwood Roofers Offer These Tips First
Before considering materials, focus on these three things:
- What is your long-term goal for the home? Do you plan to live there for the rest of your life, or do you plan to move in a few years? You may want to spend a bit more if you plan to remain at the home long term, so you don’t have to replace your roof again too soon.
- Think about aesthetics for your home. Do you have a specific colour, pattern, or style in mind? Do you live in an area where there are specific requirements or limitations on roofing? Choose something that fits your home’s look but also your budget.
- Think about weather conditions. In our area, there’s the likelihood of hail damage and impact from storms. Freezing temperatures can also make a roof prone to damage from ice. Choose a roofing material with ample energy efficiency and durability.
Key Roofing Material Types to Consider
A range of roofing materials are available in this area. Here’s a look at some of the most popular choices and their best applications.
Our primary roofing material option is an asphalt shingle. It is designed to provide some of the best features, including good quality, long lifespan, and affordability. We offer a range of asphalt shingles from Owens Corning. Take a few minutes to consider your options. Here is a look at some of those offerings:
- TruDefinition Duration Shingles: These are wind resistant, algae resistant, and have a bold, deep contrasting colour pattern. A limited lifetime warranty makes them a good choice.
- Berkshire Collection: These are beautiful shingles that look like natural slate material but remain asphalt. They also offer a long warranty and remain algae resistant for 15 years.
- Oakridge Shingles: This product provides a clean, slightly more modern look that’s still inviting
- Supreme AR: This type of asphalt shingle offers smooth, clean lines. It is a 3-Tab design, which offers good protection overall and a competitive price.
Which one is right for you? You have a lot of options when it comes to colours and styles. Find shingles that match the trim around your home or the rest of the colour scheme. Be sure to look at the full line-up of options available in your area from Owens Corning. Our team can offer guidance to you on choosing products to fit your needs.
Another option for some homeowners is a metal roof. A very modern choice, these roofs can be very durable and easy to maintain. Newer products have more insulative quality and are designed to be quieter than older models. Choose from a range of colours and styles. The weather-resistant features of these make them ideal for the Collingwood area.
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
As your Collingwood roofers, Ainger Roofing & Exteriors wants you to choose the best materials for your home. To do so, set up a free consultation with our team. We’ll come to you and offer recommendations while answering all of your questions. Give us a call today.